Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WFMW - Magically Appearing Dinner

Yesterday, The Boy was sick and Mr. Right elected to stay home with him.  That was good for several reasons, one of which was that Mr. Right could put some finishing touches on the house before it goes on the market.

When I returned home from work, I walked into a kitchen where Mr. Right was making dinner... and I don't mean he was calling out for it either.  He was making it from scratch from a recipe that I pulled from the internet, but we had never tried.

I could have kissed him right then and there.  (Oh, who am I kidding?  I did kiss him right then and there.)

He was making Chicken and Corn Chowder, and let me tell you how good it was: three out of four of us had seconds.  And really The Boy doesn't count because he wasn't feeling well, remember?  It was deeeeelicious!

So if you want to have your dinner magically appear before you, I suggest that you marry someone like Mr. Right (but not him specifically because he's taken you see... and I will fight tooth and nail with any woman who tries to steal him away.  It will not be pretty.  You have been warned.)

But I will do half of the equation by giving you the recipe.  Maybe you can leave it on the counter and your man will magically make it appear for you too.

Chicken and Corn Chowder
  • 1/2 c butter or margarine
  • 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
  • 6 T flour
  • 4 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 2 1/2 c hot water
  • 1 1/2 c cubed cooked potatoes
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
  • 3 c hot milk
  • 1/4 t white pepper (black will work too)
  • 2 chicken breasts, poached and chopped
Heat butter in large saucepot and cook onion until tender but not browned.  Add flour; cook and stir for 5 minutes over low heat.  Do not brown.  Add bouillon cubes and hot water, stirring with whisk to fully mix together.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  (It will become thick.)  Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.  Serve with bread.

There, you have the recipe.  Now find the person who will make it for you!  Head on over to Shannon's place... maybe someone posted about how to find that person.

Labels: ,