Monday, February 25, 2008

Why?

Why will children, when you must wake them for a moment, insist that they were not sleeping when they were, in fact, sleeping like a log?

Why, when you finally decide to mop the floor, will your child track mud through two rooms before realizing that he should have taken his shoes off at the door?

Why would anyone believe that scientists can foretell global warming when they can't tell you what the weather is going to be like tomorrow? (Hello snow that was on no one's weather map!)

Why is it that you can clean your house from top to bottom, but it won't look like it in one day's time?

Why is it that boys cannot keep their pee relegated to the toilet only? (When cleaning The Boy's bathroom, I found urine on the toilet, the floor, the wall next to the sink which is not near the toilet and the bathroom door... I was mightily disgusted and told The Boy so. Those night time bathroom visits are going to be the death of me...)

Why do some people seem to make it well on just a few hours sleep while others who sleep eight hours and get a nap still complain that they are tired and could they please sleep just a little more?

Why does God know to send the right messages to me at just the right time in just the right way so that I can really hear it?

Why does my hair do whatever it wants until I start talking about cutting it, and then it does everything I want, lulling me into a sense of satisfaction, only to revert to doing what it wants again once it realizes that I've changed my mind?

Why is it that when you try to tell a woman that she looks good she will find some way to tell you how you are wrong?

Why is it children are not expected to have good manners any more? Please and thank you, ma'am and sir, respect for what a parent says or for others: these things are missing something fierce these days...

Why do I miss the cat's nocturnal crawling over my head and kneading parts of my body each night? (Tenni the cat went home with Grandma when they came for The Girl's baptism. It will help us for her to be gone when the house gets on the market.)

Why does this post come off as if I'm complaining when, in fact, I am quite content and happy?

Why don't you tell me some of your why's?