Wednesday, May 17, 2006

WFMW... So simple, even I can do it!

Well as a very simple WFMW, when I know I am going to make SOMETHING for dinner… you know what I mean, something but you don’t know what kind of dish – I pull out chicken (take off skin) and set it in the slow cooker in the morning. Just add some water to cover. When I get home I have chicken that is fully cooked and easy to debone (if it wasn’t my typical boneless, skinless chicken breasts (be very forewarned – it will fall apart as you try to get it out it’s so tender and juicy!) and I have instant chicken broth that can be saved and frozen for a soup or a recipe later. Freeze it in one cup containers for easy measuring.

The chicken can be used for any dish that calls for shredded chicken – enchiladas, soup, casseroles, salads, tacos… you get the picture. It’s quick, easy and very cheap!

***Added for Peach: The chicken does NOT have to be thawed. I usually do thaw it, but there are times when I forgot and I pulled the chicken out of the freezer in the morning, separated the pieces and plunked them in the crock pot. They still cook completely after 8 hours of cooking during my work day.

To see other ideas, go visit Shannon, the way cool blogger mom who really is the bomb for starting this sharing idea.


Link me baby:

Create a Link

<< Home