Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Attention: We've misplaced our calendar. Christmas will begin... now.

Is it my imagination or is the Christmas season starting earlier and earlier every year?

It was at the beginning of September when I saw my first Christmas aisle in a retail store. I don’t think the candy for Halloween was offloaded from the trucks yet. But there, in the middle of the store in front of God and everybody, was a full aisle of Christmas decorations waiting to be bought.

For goodness sakes people! For all that is good and right in the world, can we at least have the opportunities to steal our fill of our kid’s Halloween candy first and then be thankful that we aren’t the Pilgrims before we break out the stockings and the garland? It’s not even the middle of November and I saw a gigantic, fully-lit Christmas tree in the window of a house.

That is so wrong on so many levels.

One of the radio stations here is already playing around the clock Christmas music. You can’t imagine how many different renditions of We Wish You a Merry Christmas need to be left unsung. At least before Thanksgiving…

I did hear a Christmas song by Michael Bublé the other day, though. Now that voice could get me into the spirit of things…

Photo: Last year's pic! Come on, I wouldn't do it this early!

Labels: