Friday, January 26, 2007

Book Meme

Susanne from Living to tell the Story has tagged me with an easy book meme.

Here are the rules/requirements:
  1. Grab the book closest to you.
  2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
  3. Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog.
  4. Name of the author and book.
  5. Tag three people of your own.

Now Susanne should know by now that I can't follow rules, so I don't know why she would list them. I've just got to add a twist of Shalee in to everything I do, you know...

Her first mistake was the rule thing. The second was assuming that I only have one book close to me. The third will be that she thinks that I can count...

So here goes:

Web made a fist and put it right through the mirror, cracking the drywall
behind it. "I didn't let them die, Julie," he said to the shattered
glass. He looked at his hand; it wasn't even bleeding. His luck was
holding, wasn't it? (Okay, I know that's more than 3 sentences, but there
was only one sentence left in the paragraph!)

Last Man Standing - David Baldacci

"Give her a door-key to carry in her t'other one, Fagin," saide Sikes; "it
looks real and genivive like."

"Yes, yes, my dear, so it does," said the Jew, hanging a large street-door
key on the forefinger of the young lady's right hand. "There; very
good!"

Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens

She asked her at different times how many sisters she had, whenther they were
older or younger than herself, whether any of them were likely to be married,
whether they were handsome, where they had been educated, what carriage her
father kept, and what had been her mother's maiden name? --Elizabeth felt all
the impertinence of her questions, but answered them very composedly.--Lady
Catherine them observed, "Your father's estate is entailed on Mr. Collins, I
think."

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

"I'm an espresso man myself," he said expansively. "Drank it all the
time over in Italy. They have all kind of little places where you sit
around and do that, you know."

The Secret History - Donna Tartt

She said: "You know, I don't really know what to think. I've always
assumed that Kenneth Marshall accepted his wife, quite frankly, for what she was
- that he had no illusions about her. But it may not be so."

Evil Under the Sun - Agatha Christie

So I tag Chilihead, Shannon & GiBee, Jeana... and Shayne too, just to be even more ornery than before I started this post.

Labels: