Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrre's Shalee!

First off: Happy New Year! Okay, I feel better.

I thought I had everything I could ask for, but then I found out that I really could do with something else: A lot of love from you.

I had no idea that I had such a following. And the only reason I know is due to all the "Where are you?" emails and comments that I've been getting. I just have to say that it feels wonderful to be missed.

That, my friends, makes my whole year. And it's only January 2nd!!! (Don't worry; I'm fickle and will forget that I said that. Feel free to try to make my year again.)

I've been on a long blogcation and I've loved it. It was just what I needed to relax and to enjoy the holidays. I took a week off from work too. (I saved all my sick/personal/vacation days just for this time.) So you can see that if I'm going to do something, I go all the way.

Let me do a really quick recap of my blogcation:
  • Had a wonderful Christmas holiday with my folks, my in-awes and family. The kids got almost everything they asked for - but not the vitamins. They weren't THAT good. And seriously, I have to give them a reason to be even better this year. Everyone needs a goal, you know.

  • I've enjoyed two weeks with my folks. They actually leave tomorrow and I'm feeling quite sad about it. They've made this time so much fun. They've played with the kids. Talked with us. Recommended a number of books. Sigh. It's all rather depressing that they're leaving. It also means that I'm going to have to start cooking again.

  • I've played lots of card games this past week. My Mom and I have wailed on my dad and Mr. Right in Eucher. A good time was had by us! If you haven't played SWAP!, then you've got to get it. My entire family (extended family included) can all play the game and have fun.

  • Mr. Right and I had a wonderful date night. We went to Macy's to see if we could spend the gift card from my boss. The answer was yes, sort of. (We bought a DeLonghi Deep Fryer for which was on a major sale - $39 - down from $100! Dagum! That was a great deal!) Then we went out to dinner. Real napkins, adult talk, Amaretta Sours... Ahhh. I could do this at least once a week!

  • Watched Cars with the family. Could you tell from the previous comment? I liked it.

  • I watched a lot of great football, college and pro. We don't have cable so I only got to see the games that were on the main channels, but boy I can definitely pack 4 games in a day without batting an eye.

  • As an added bonus: My daughter, during a game yesterday, said, "Hey Mom, I'm beginning to like football! I like it a lot better when I understand some of what is going on!" YES! There is hope for her after all!

  • All the planets, moons and stars must have been aligned and someone was holding his tongue just right because the Chiefs are in the playoffs!

  • Too bad that their first game is against Indy. I've been rooting for both teams all season. Sigh. At least I know that "my team" will win at the end of the game.

  • I've read about four books. I really recommend the Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. His third one was just out and it was such a great continuation for such a lovable character.

  • I talked with Jeana and Addie over the holidays. Some others have to pull up the nerve to call me or send me their numbers. I'm not scared of you.

  • Beef stew, some really yummy pasta dish, almond crusted chicken, roulad... Yeah I've gained about 7 pounds this week. Boy, it was worth every ounce!

  • Mr. Right and my mother-in-awe gave me some money to go shopping at the Junior League Resale Boutique. (I grew up on hand-me-downs so this was just like that for me.For less than $100, I have an entirely new wardrobe for work and I was seriously in need of an overhaul! 7 suits, 10 pants, 3 dresses, 8 shirts, 5 skirts, 3 pairs of shoes (one was Born, Holymama!)... Ahhh, I actually look stylin'! Now, if only I can do something about this hair.

  • Added bonus to the shopping: Whoever donated some shoes didn't check them out. I found that I received the surprise of a pearl necklace set with earrings in a nice little silk bag in one shoe and a pair of diamond earrings and a gold necklace in a silk bag in the other shoe. Yeah, they're real. I couldn't believe my eyes! I'd give them back, but I don't know to whom to give them back. The store doesn't keep a record of the donated inventory. Oh darn.

  • I have to give major kudos to all you SAHM/home schooling moms. I loved my week off with the kids, but I was SO ready to get back into the office today. How do you do it all the time?!

I'm back in the office with a working scanner (Yay!) and a to-do list a mile long. It's going to take me a while to actually get caught up here and on my bloglines, but believe you me. I'll get it done! I loved my blogcation, but I've missed my extended family. You all mean so much to my day to day living.

But at least I don't have to get caught up on my laundry too.

Labels: ,