Thursday, December 29, 2005

I am in Mourning... (sigh)

I am in mourning.

My parents left today.

I now have to figure out how to cook again, how to clean again, where my washer and dryer are located and how to use them. My favorite meals left with them because no one can make comfort food like Mom.

Instant babysitter - gone.

Game buddies - gone.

Mr. Fix-it - gone.

Children's playmates - gone.

Other people to talk to when I wake up stinking early - gone.

I guess I'll have to rely on the old proverb:

"If you love something, give it away. If it comes back, it's yours. If not, keep begging them to return and lure them in with a hot fudge sundae."

Hey Mom... I've a turtle sundae here and it got your name on it. One for Dad too. And I'm buying!

I'm sure it won't be the last we see of them...

Now where is the fridge? I'm sure there are some good leftovers there...

Labels: