Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Momentary Lapse of Reasoning...

There has been entirely too much merriment around here. I blame it on the sugar.

Here is an example of what I mean.

On Christmas Eve, my mom said that we needed a hot fudge sundae from Baskin & Robbins. It was already close to noon, and I didn’t know when we could work that treat into the eating schedule.

Something had to go.

So we had them for lunch.

My son wouldn’t believe his sister when she said we were eating ice cream for lunch. He came running to me (in a tattle tale sort of way) saying that his sister said we were eating ice cream. To his surprise, I said “Yep. Get your coat on; we’re going.”

“Are we really?” he said with disbelief.

“Yeah. Merry Christmas. Let’s go. There’s a sundae out there with my name on it.”

You should have seen the look of love for me in his eyes at that moment. He was in heaven!

I may be on to something here. Trust me the kids will remember it next year and ask for it again.

It wasn’t fair using hot fudge to break down my defenses.

Yeah, like you would have resisted, too.

Labels: ,