Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Til Tuesday

Okay, for the record, I did not hit the bar. Tempting as it was, I knew I had to work the remainder of the day. I didn't think getting canned for being tipsy would help anything in the long run.

And it turned out to be a really good decision because everything else went fine.

Lunch was great, meeting went well, and I had a blast with one of my email buddies at work. I had talked with her several times, but this was the first time I would see her in person.

We went to Tips and Toes, a good little shop ran by many women from Vietnam. They were polite and attentive and they really knew how to make a novice at pampering (me) feel spoiled by the end of the appointment. (The only disconcerning moments were when they would all speak to each other in Vietnamese. I am paranoid enough to just KNOW that they were talking about ME. Because as you probably are thinking right now, "She is All That and MORE." If not, just amuse me and pretend to think that I am cool for the rest of the blog, okay?)

Anyway, despite my managing to break three fingernails down to where there was nothing left to file, those ladies did a fabulous job of turning nothing into something. My nails looked great by the time they were done.

And let me tell you how much I love getting a pedicure. Hot water, scrubbed fresh feet, the massage and really cute toenails by the end. I was quite the daring woman. I asked for a flower on the big toes the womad did a work of art. (Well to me it is a work of art. I can't draw a stick figure, so what do I know.) You decide for yourself.


This little piggy went to the nail salonl; all the rest went too because it was a deal they could not pass up!

(And this is for Antique Mommy: Yes, I got to eat really good food, drink wine and not once did I have to tell someone to stay in their seat. There were tablecloths, and I used a real napkin! I think it was a little slice of heaven on earth!)

Afterwards we ate at this really nice steakhouse. Chester's. It looks like a fort from the outside, but inside was all posh and warm. Food was wonderful and filling. The wine was devine. I only had one glass, but I was all warm and fuzzy on the inside by the time we were done. I was even so content with the meal, I turned down dessert. Yeah, me. No chocolate. Whodathunkit?

It was 9 when I got back to the hotel. I noticed that a lot of the meeting attendees were working on their night assignments in the bar, so I strolled over to give a hello and to show off the toes of course. They were all in good spirits, but that may have been due to all the empty drink glasses set about the table. I went up to the room and upon entering and throwing my stuff everywhere (I love being in a hotel!), I noticed a plate of cookies and a glass of milk on my desk. There was a note from the Executive Meeting Manager, welcoming me to the hotel. The milk was cold and the cookies were still warm. I ran down to offer them to the attendees. (See, I told you I was content if I'm giving away warm chocolate cookies without being guilted into it!)

When I got back to the room, I called Mr. Right just to hear his voice. I know I'm enjoying this time away from home, but I really do miss snuggling next to him or having the kids wake me in the morning. It will be good to be home tomorrow night. (Sigh)

Oh, and it did NOT snow like the weatherman said it would. What a liarhead. But I forgive him because I am happy to not have to drive in the mess tomorrow.

In the mean time, I plan on enjoying that big hot tub tonight. I know, I know... it's a hard life but somebody has to do it. I'm just glad that for a short time, it gets to be me.

Labels: