Tuesday, July 11, 2006

200th Blog... Already?

****Updated**** at the end of the list

On March 30th, I posted my 100th blog. On it I listed all sorts of trivial things about me, some you knew, some you might have wished to never knew.

Can you believe that I've reached (actually I've surpassed) my 200th post already? That just seems CRAZY! But still really satisfying for me to know that I haven't given up yet. Hey, I've been around longer than some tv shows! (And for a good reason too, don't you know it? No laugh track - this puppy is always on live and without a net to catch me if I fall.)

So to commemorate this second 100th posting time, I am listing, for your reading enjoyment, 100 books that I think are worth your time. Some books you may have read, some you might find that you want to read yourself, some you may have read and thought, "She thought that was good?" If you see any that you might be interested in reading but want more information on it before you commit and want a reason for the recommendation, just email me and I'll give you what I've got. (But bear in mind, it may have been a while since I've read them, so some of the details may be fuzzy.)

All books listed are in no particular order (except for the first one - it really is my first pick).

  1. The Bible
  2. Time Traveler's Wife
  3. Blue Like Jazz
  4. Year of Wonders
  5. Five Quarters of the Orange
  6. Sense and Sensibility
  7. Pride and Prejudice
  8. Emma
  9. Persuasion
  10. Into the Forest
  11. Odd Thomas
  12. Forever Odd
  13. The Eyre Affair (The following three titles are rest of the quadrilogy - read in order!)
  14. Lost in a Good Book
  15. The Well of Lost Plots
  16. Something Rotten
  17. The Big Over Easy
  18. Redeeming Love
  19. Echo in the Darkness
  20. Voice in the Wind
  21. Grasshopper
  22. Tell No One
  23. Gone For Good
  24. Lightning
  25. Watchers
  26. Girl With the Pearl Earring
  27. Girl in Hyacinth Blue
  28. The Age of Innocence
  29. Ethan Frome
  30. Speed of Dark
  31. Portrait of a Lady
  32. Sleeping With Schubert
  33. Picture of Dorian Gray
  34. Tale of Two Cities
  35. Murder on the Orient Express
  36. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
  37. Expecting Adam
  38. The Secret Life of Bees
  39. To Kill a Mocking Bird
  40. The Witching Hour (next two are the end of the trilogy)
  41. Lasher
  42. Taltos
  43. Queen of Camelot
  44. The Grail Prince (sequel to Queen)
  45. Bel Cantos
  46. A Walk to Remember
  47. Good Grief
  48. My Sister's Keeper
  49. The Five Love Languages
  50. Tuesdays With Morrie
  51. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (And no, watching the movie is NOT the same thing!)
  52. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  53. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  54. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  55. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  56. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  57. Coraline
  58. Speak
  59. Fahrenheit 451
  60. A Man Walked into a Room
  61. Room With a View
  62. The Pleasure of My Company
  63. The Talisman
  64. The Black House (sequel to The Talisman)
  65. Memoirs of a Geisha
  66. The Confessions of Max Tivoli
  67. Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister
  68. Les Miserablés
  69. One Coffee With (and the entire Sigrid Harald series)
  70. Plain Language
  71. The Killer Angels
  72. East of the Mountains
  73. Observatory Mansions
  74. Misery
  75. The Giver
  76. The Hero and the Crown
  77. The Blue Sword
  78. Bridge to Terabithia
  79. A Wrinkle in Time
  80. Fortune's Rock
  81. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
  82. Spilling Clarence
  83. The Making of a Chef
  84. Atonement
  85. Tuck Everlasting
  86. The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B. (next two are part of the trilogy)
  87. Tales of Passion Tales of Woe
  88. The Last Dance
  89. The Other Boleyn Girl
  90. I, Elizabeth
  91. Tepper Isn't Going Out
  92. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  93. Red Storm Rising
  94. His Needs, Her Needs
  95. Red Rabbit
  96. The Scarlet Letter
  97. Booked to Die
  98. The Bookman's Wake
  99. Lord of the Rings
  100. All the Stephanie Plum series by Evanovich (12 so far - Warning: It is complete fluff reading, but never have I laughed out loud so many times while reading.)
  101. I just finished "We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg. I highly recommend this book too.

There you have my 101 reads; trust me it could have been more. Please share some of your favorites, and I'll see if I can't have them on the next listing to come... if you're still reading this post by then.

Labels: