Friday, July 07, 2006

Soundtrack of My Life

So Kristi encouraged Crazy Hip Blog Mamas to ask us this question:

"What song or movie best tells the story of your life/family?"

Now you see, there is no one song that would work for me. There are far too many facets of my life to fit in to one song title.

Here are just a few to explain what I mean...

Before I married Mr. Right it was "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen. (He was my Art Professor for one semester. You know I made an "A" in that class. Hey, I earned it honestly, you naughty-minded people! Sheesh...)

When I am awakening from the night's slumber, and Mr. Right is handing me a steaming cup of coffee, Evanscence "Bring Me To Life" is VERY appropos.

For the part of me that is just completely in awe of my Christianity, I'd have to say "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me.

When I try to get an answer from the kids about something that happened (that shouldn't have happened), Norah Jones' "Don't Know Why" echoes throughout the house.

At the sounds of tears around the house, it's Journey's "Who's Crying Now?"

When they have pushed me to the brink, it is Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone". And they know those words by heart now.

"9 to 5", the good old Dolly Parton rendition. fits for the part of me that is working almost all my week (in an office mind you).

For the part of me that wonders where I left my mind or my keys or whatever it is I happen to be needing but cannot locate, it would have to be U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". (Just put that song on a constant repeat mode in the CD player of my life.)

For the times of complete idiocy and mistakes, Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry" could be sung... often. (Which is much better than the annoying "Oops, I Did It Again" from Britney Spears.)

"Hello" by Lionel Richie might work when I'm answering the phone.

When I'm on hold, it should be "Hanging By a Moment" by Lifehouse.

When someone has invaded my space, you know, the two feet we should be allowed to keep without feeling as if there is no place to breathe, The Police's "Don't Stand So Close To Me" blares from my brain.

When I'm having the best day - the "nothing can go wrong today" day - it's KC and the Sunshine Band's "Walking on Sunshine" all the way.

When the world is against my every move, it may be Miles Davis' "Blue Miles" album, but eventually it's gotta be "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. Not often am I singing the blues... I know God will get me out of whatever depths of despair I've gotten myself into.

For the times when I feel really great about being a woman, it would have to be "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain.

When I want to have coffee with my blog buddies, I'm sticking to Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want To Have Fun".

As I grow older, the Beatles' "When I'm 64" comes to mind, but I'm hoping for Five for Fighting's "100 years" to be honest.

And when it comes to my Mr. Right, it would have to be either "Crazy for You" by Madonna, "Breathe" by Faith Hill, Michael Buble's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love", Cake's "Love You Madly", "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden or almost every song on "We Are In Love" by Harry Connick, Jr. Really this list could go on and on...

Hey, I guess there is a song about all this after all. Alana Davis "32 Flavors" would definitely fit all the different songs and sides of me. Too bad I didn't think of that first...

As for a movie, I can't think of just one of those either, but I can tell you the genre. It would definitely be a romantic comedy, but unfortunately not "While You Were Sleeping" because that never happens for me.

Labels: