Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Time for Prayer

****Updated below****

Thirteen reasons I will commit to pray at 8 PM CST every night
  1. Faith in God's power
  2. Safety for those serving to protect us
  3. Plead for America's return to God
  4. Future for my children and grandchildren
  5. Peace of mind
  6. Hope for others who need to know Christ
  7. What better thing can I do in a minute?
  8. The practice of prioritizing my activities
  9. To thank God for my life right now
  10. To edify and build my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ
  11. To know that I'm part of a group prayer all over the country.
  12. It's the least I can do.
  13. It's the most I can do.

Someone has said that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer,we might be speechless.

In W.W.II there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace.

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America.

If you would like to participate:

Every evening at 9:00 pm Eastern Time (8:00 pm Central) (6:00 pm Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation.

Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.

Together, we "CAN" make a difference!

If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along.

I had no idea about the thwarted terrorist airline attacks when I posted this morning. All I can say is God is good and I thank Him for protecting us once again!

Labels: