Friday, April 06, 2007

Get Your Running Shoes On, Ladies...

I don't know about you, but I remember loving Sadie Hawkin's Day. Girls chased the boys for a date. I asked out the guy I wanted to ask out. I planned the entire date (which usually included a dance when I was in high school), I found shirts that we both could wear (indicating that we were there as a couple I guess - I don't know how that got started, but it was fun) and I got to spend the evening with a person of my choice (which usually included a whole group of people too.) Those were some good times, especially when I asked out a friend who I knew would make the evening fun.

So I was thinking: Why don't we do something like this? Just because we're older doesn't mean we can't have the same kind of fun. I think we need to have our own version of Sadie Hawkins Day. I hereby challenge all you women to join me in this Sadie Hawkins Challenge:

  • You ask the guy out.

(Ummm, if you're married, I highly advise that you ask out your husband. I'm just saying... Don't blame me if you have marital strife because you asked out some other man.)

  • You plan the date for April 13th or 14th (or a day that may work better for you that week).
  • You take your date out and enjoy some time with him.
  • You get a picture of you and your man on said date.

Now mind you, you don't have to dress alike, but you do have to look as if you want to be with your date. And that shouldn't be too hard, especially if you asked him out in the first place.

Of course if you're thinking "What can we do?!" and looking for fabulous date ideas, then you could look here for some great dating suggestions.

If you're comfortable writing and sharing this date, I'll post a Mr. Linky on Monday, April 16th, where you can leave a link to your Sadie Hawkins post. I think it'll be exciting to see all the love in the air. (It should be in the air anyway. It's spring where all things are bright and beautiful and new! I've always equated spring with love anyway...)

I figure that if God can raise his son from the dead, he could do wonders with our marriages too.

So there's my idea. Talk about it and pass it on to other bloggers if you're interested. And let the dating begin again!

Oh, and have a most happy and wonderful Easter. I hope that you and your family will celebrate Christ's resurrection, knowing that the same will happen to us someday too.

Labels: ,