Thursday, April 05, 2007

What Beck Is Asking

So I actually took up the challenge laid out by Beck and allowed her to ask me five questions, sight unseen.

Yeah, I'm a daredevil all right.

Fortunately for me, she stayed on the straight and kind path. Just my luck, she would ask me something from the physics category and I would have to figure out a way to answer without looking really dumb... and ignorant.
  • What would you say is the single most difficult thing about being a teenager today?

I'd say finding God in this ever expanding, self-centered world is the most difficult thing. Today, everything is about convenience, technology and reliance on self. On the norm, parents expect too much from children and want kids to act like adults sooner than they're ready for it to happen. Technology is evolving at such a rate that speed, entertainment and convenience are becoming the only things that matter to life. Sex is replacing love so fast that there are more people living together now than there are married couples. Where is God in a world like this?

With God being pushed to the side, debated, shelved or just for Sunday show, a youth will have a harder time discovering a deep, sincere, meaningful, interactive relationship with God. It's not impossible, mind you, because God is in control, but I think there are so many distracting noises that keep people from hearing his love song.

  • Which one word do you use too much?

"I"

  • Which actress - current or past - would you have play you in the movie version of your life?

Well, I'd love to say Kiera Knightley, Audrey Hepburn, Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Connelly, Kate Beckinsale or Grace Kelly or a dozen others who I think are tall and lithe and gorgeous and lovely. But since I'm not that way save in my dreams, I'm going to narrow it down to Sandra Bullock, Holly Hunter or Katharine Hepburn. And although I think them beautiful, I feel that I would need an actress with a sense of humor and perfect timing.

  • What is the most beautiful spot on earth that you have ever seen?

The love for me in Mr. Right's eyes and freckles on my kids' faces

  • What is your single greatest strength as a mother?

Knowing Mr. Right is right by my side and being able to say I'm sorry to my kids for all the times I'm screwing up

Well that wasn't too bad... If you feel that you'd be up to some questions from moi, let me know and I'll send some on to you as well.

Labels: , ,