Friday, March 30, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Peach, in a moment of sleep-deprived thinking, reached out and nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award.





Ta da!

I told her that if she renamed it the the "What Were You Thinking Blogging Award", then she might have a case for my earning this one. But alas, she is not to be deterred from the error of this nomination.

The participation rules are simple:
  1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
  2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
  3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

So in the spirit of honoring those who truly deserve this award, I am following the rules (for once) and paying it forward to some of those bloggers who really deserve this award. (Here is where you realize that the list is not complete and I'm really fretting over someone getting their feelings hurt if I don't name them, but I'm just going to name them and step back and pray that y'all understand how hard this is, okay?)

Antique Mommy has a knack for making me value my time with my children while laughing at the absurdity involved with being a mom, a woman and a friend. Let me thank her now for adopting me and striving to lead me onto the path of righteousness. Good luck, honey. You're going to need it...

GiBee is able to make me laugh at the trials of being a working mom (like me) and also brings the focus of God into the smack dab middle of everything that she does. Her prayers asking for God to use her in every experience brings a humility to my life and a hope to my heart. Thank you for having such a spirit of righteousness as an example for me.

Shayne, although she only posts once in a blue moon because she lets a little thing called work get in her way, can make me stand still with her words of wisdom and her finger pointing back to the One who started it all. Shayne, thanks for allowing God to speak through you and often touch my stubborn heart.

Will's Eats, you get this award because you make me think about food in a whole new way. You bring practicality, yet fun back into the making of new meals and even though I'm not willing to try your European love for pigs' feet or fish with their head still attached, I love your down-to-earth style and your obvious love for food. Thanks for being a epicurean inspiration to me and my dining room table.

And last, but not least, is Jeana of Days to Come. This woman truly is my long lost twin who was separated from me at birth in order to save the sanity of the original mother. Because if the two of us had been raised together, there truly would have been laughter for days to come from the entire house. Jeana, thanks for making me think about children, family, movies and sex in a whole new light. (Well, not the sex really, but I had to bring it up since you're another woman who likes it as much as me. Now aren't you proud to be nominated on this post?) Anyway, thanks for being so much like me that I'm not the only odd woman out in this blogging world.

Go and thank a blogger today and tell someone else that you're glad that they're there to inspire you.

***Updated because Laurel Wreath also honored me with this most distinguishing award... What is wrong with these people?!

Thanks Laurel for your sweet words. I'll be sure to get you a new supply of Depends for next week... or Kleenex depending on the way I'm inspired to write.

Labels: ,