Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Heard In the Past Week...

Before the real post for today, I want to thank whoever put my "Lost and Found" entry on the Crazy Hip Blog Mamas' Pimp a Post Carnival, a carnival dedicated to bringing more traffic to post that you thinks others should be read. That was a very unexpected, kind and lovely surprise.

**********************************************************

"Just a few more minutes to read... PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!" - said by the girl when told it was time to turn off her light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't want to go to Grandma's!!!" - said by the boy in a fake crying sort of way when he knew it would draw a laugh from me as we where walking to Grandma's car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's your blog address?" asked by the girl who was over at a friend's house in Nebraska. Unfortunately she asked for it on Friday, the day I posted about enjoying life without the kids... Hopefully she'll know that we really enjoy life with them too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, tell Mr. Right to be careful around the house. We don't need anymore stories about him." - said by a friend who knows Mr. Right too well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shalee: You're a mess." - said by a different friend who know me too well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(conversation between Mr. Right and me on Saturday)

Me: I'm sorry I'm such a jerk sometimes.

Mr. Right: It's okay.

Me: (Pause) You know, you didn't have to agree with that statement so quickly. You could have said that you're not really a jerk or something like that.

Mr. Right: Well sometimes you are a jerk, but I still love you.

Me: (Pause) Sometimes this honesty thing sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are these REAL biscuits?! And REAL sausage gravy! Oh man... this is going to be good." - said by a friend who came over for a breakfast dinner. He was helping us fix the ceiling in the garage, so he deserved a dinner where I pulled out all the stops!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wednesday night, late night mind you, when the kids were supposedly asleep:

The girl outside our door: Why's Dad making that noise?

(The mood was pregnant with wonder, embarrassment and pause.)

Me: Ummm, you're Dad's just being silly. It's late - you're supposed to be asleep. Now go to bed!

The girl, mumbling as she walks away: Oooookay. But it's awfully late for him to be silly...

Me, to Mr. Right: I thought they were asleep!

Mr. Right: Me too! Oh man... we were caught in the act.

Me: But that's so funny. You know it's going on the blog!

Mr. Right: (staring at me) I'm going to start a blog just to record all your embarrassing times too.

Note to Mr. Right: Unfortunately for you, there's not enough web space in the world to note all my embarrassing moments and fortunately for me, I know that you don't have the time to get them down. Whew - one area of discomfiture deterred! Don't worry. I'll make up for it somewhere else.

Labels: , ,