Friday, March 16, 2007

Don't Hate Me...

And it's not because I'm beautiful...

My most excellent in-laws relieved us of our children last night. We met them halfway (they live in Nebraska), ate a great breakfast dinner and then shoved celebrated sadly reliquished the care of our kids into their hands. Then we sped away slowly watched as they faded into the distance.

My poor children... Oh the suffering they will be made to endure. They will be forced to watch cartoons, made to eat ice cream and/or peanut butter and marshmellow sandwiches, made to toil in Grandma's garden, required to stay up late, obliged to play with cousins/friends and coerced into eating McDonald's. I really don't know how they shall bear it...

We the parents, on the other hand, plan on having a lot of fun - like sleeping naked and sleeping in when possible, going out for some St. Patty's Day Saturday night, eating at a restaurant without a playplace, working on the house without 20 million questions coming our way, having uninterrupted conversations, kissing without anyone in the peanut gallery saying, "YUCK! GROSS!" and basically pretending like we're DINKS again.

Oh, and I'm sure we'll have a few "I miss you" calls thrown in there for fun... mainly from our side.

It's a fun job, but somebody's got to do it. I'm just glad it gets to be us.

My little shoutout: Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa! You're the best!

Labels: ,