Thursday, March 08, 2007

Apologies, A Shoutout and A Modern Version of The Birds and The Bees

(Bows head in shame.)

I would first like to apologize to several people for omitting their blogs from yesterday's WFMW Post. There's really no reason for these oversights other than telling you that I was have a Brain Cloud (name the movie from whence that line came), and it makes me forget things of great importance.

So in way of restitution, I want to include these sites as a further cooking helps:

Trista's Tasty Thursday where you can find tried and liked family favorites from other bloggers

GiBee who posts some good'uns from her family's recipe vault

And last, but in no way least because I have tried several of his wonderful recipes mainly because I want to prove to myself that I can cook just as well as a chef living and working wonders in Spain, Will's Eats and because I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him on a personal basis. Really, if you haven't viewed his blog, you are missing out on some culinary fun with a man who has a wonderful sense of humor and an adventurous spirit.

Now I'm sure I've missed others too, but I've already apologized once and I'm not going to keep going back to do it again and again. I would probably be here all day were I to go that route... So let's just make it a blanket apology and move on, shall we?

*********************************************************

My daughter has requested that I give a big hello to Susanne's youngest. She received her letter yesterday and will start on her letter back tonight. And she loves the drawing that was included and my girl wants all blogdom to know that Susanne's daughter is a talented artist, and she loves this pen pal thing that they've got going!

*********************************************************

And to cap off a Thursday - which I just realized is the day that I'm to post a Thursday Thirteen or a Tasty Thursday post - there's that Brain Cloud again - I'm winding down with a little modern sex talk.

A little boy goes to his father and asks, "Daddy, how was I born?"

The father answers, "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway. Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive.

As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: You got Male."

Labels: , , ,