Friday, November 30, 2007

The Christmas Lists - Uncut Version

Oh it’s that time again – the time when my kids make their lists for Santa.  If you remember anything from last year's lists, then this year's shouldn't be much of a surprise...

Can I just state again for the record that these cannot be my kids?!  I’m mean we’ve already determined that genetically speaking they should be asking for the world to revolve around them. But alas, no – they actually have a sense of decency when it comes to receiving gifts at Christmas. 

All I can say is that I’m so happy that they take after Mr. Right in so many ways…

The Boy’s list
  • A Ben 10 Gameboy game
  • A kiwi
  • A toy dog
  • A whiteboard
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Ben 10 and the Secret of the Omnitrix movie
  • Dry erase markers
  • Sonic gift card
  • Ben 10 Race Against Time movie
  • Meet the Robinsons
Did you see any kind of theme here? The Boy’s obsessed I tell you!


The Girl’s list
  • Kiwi
  • Pokemon Gameboy game
  • Grapefruit
  • Large roll of either Tollhouse or Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Gymnastic or yoga lessons
  • Fuzzy slippers
  • Winter pjs
  • Stuffed animal
  • Sewing machine and table
  • Whiteboard with markers and eraser
  • Pop rocks
  • Mighty Bites cereal from Kashi
  • Pumpkin muffin from Panera
  • Green alarm clock
  • Party dress
  • Jeans
  • Gift certificate to Claire’s
  • A certificate from Mom saying “The Girl doesn’t have to eat outside today” (We’re so mean. When the weather’s beautiful and there are no bugs, we MAKE her eat out on the back deck with us. Oh the tragedy… Next thing you know, we’ll actually go on a picnic and she’ll be expected to go – and HAVE FUN! I know. We’re maniacs around here!)
  • Books
  • Heely shoes
Now The Girl’s list is a bit longer than The Boy’s, but when you see that she wants Pop Rocks, cereal, a pumpkin muffin and a homemade gift certificate, I don’t really fault her for being a bit more lengthy in her list.   She won't get everything, but she'll get some things that I know she wants but forgot to put on the list.

Ahhh, once again I have lists that mostly are doable. Santa can make his visit yet again. And for that, I’m extremely grateful,  especially since I can finally release my Scrooge tendencies and let them eat exotic and exciting things - like fruit.

Labels: , , ,