Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm Not Dead Yet...

It may seem that I've fallen off the face of the planet, but really all that's happened is that I we've been at my in-awe's house this past week. Oh the glory of a week off from work... I had to make those unused sick days come into play before the end of the year or else they would be gone.

We've enjoyed a great week with lots of presents, great food, playtime and football. Can a week get any better? I can't wait to get home to play with some of my new things (like my new coffee pot that grinds the beans, moves it into the filter and then brews it into a thermos, a new pie plate and a new recipe book all about pies. Woo hoo! I can't wait to try some new recipes out and then tell you all about it...)

One thing I've learned this week is that just because your kids can do amazing things, they're still kids at heart. Bickering, frustrations, whining and "Mom! He breathed my air! Make him stop!-No I didn't!" often punctuate the air. Christmas has definitely passed.

Sigh. My work is never done. Say a prayer for me. It may be a long 4-hour drive home today. Hopefully, my kids will live to see tomorrow.

Catch y'all on Monday!

Labels: ,