10 Things I Hate About Me
Thanks Sherry at Life With Sherry for picking me to do this meme.
Of course, I can't be just like everyone else, so I had to put my little spin on things. Originally, the meme was to tell 10 things about your self, but since I've done those a few time, I thought I'd do this one with a twist. If you're tagged, then you can do whichever one suits your mood.
So hate is a really strong word. Let's change it to dislike and move on, shall we?
And it could go without saying that there are more than 10 things that I don't like about myself, especially if I'm running close to my "Give Me Chocolate And Back Away" time. Fortunately for you, I'm not near it, so I easily left it at 10.
- I'm pretty self-centered. I've shared with you that I struggle with thinking of others first. However, God, in all his infinite wisdom, gives me plenty of opportunities to work on this one.
- Sometimes, I'm dissatisfied and complain when I have no right to complain. Overall, my life is extremely blessed, and I need to remember that fact.
- I get angry to quickly. Too often I jump the gun about a situation without having all the facts. My poor kids... at least they get to hear an adult say "I'm sorry" a lot.
- I'm bossy. Sometimes it comes in handy; sometimes it's plain old annoying.
- I cannot remember jokes! It's so annoying to get into one and then have to backtrack because I forgot a major part and then forget the ending and wind up just tapering off at the end.
- I'm a terrible penpal. I started writing to Lori, aka Pezmama and now a former blogger, a couple of years ago. I kept it up for a while, but the last letter I sent to her was a Valentine's Day card. Somehow that doesn't equate to great letter writing in my book.
- I don't always answer the phone. Most of the time I'll let the answering machine get it. I mainly do it to prove that the phone doesn't have power over me. This tidbit drives Mr. Right nuts.
- I'm so forgetful. Sometimes I start something and
- I get envious of others too often. This attitude doesn't always work well with trying to have a God-like life. I'm sure that God's envious of nothing.
- I don't have the world's greatest willpower. For example, I need to exercise. I know that I need to exercise. I actually want to exercise. But if it's cold outside, I'll read a book instead. Or take this one, I'm full from dinner and quite satisfied. But I see a brownie and suddenly, I want that brownie. I need that brownie. I have the brownie, but then I regret my decision withing minutes because now I'm uncomfortably stuffed. The sad thing is that I knew I would feel that way if I ate the brownie, and I ate it anyway.