Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Needed Break...

And here is where I take a break from telling you about the trip for many reasons.



First it’s Works For Me Wednesday. You’ll like this one. Ready? It’s easy and most people can do it. Trust me if I can, then you can.

When I get home from a hard day at work, the house is a mess, the kids have homework, I’ve got more dirty dishes than the queen, and I can’t figure out what to make for dinner, I calmly pick up the phone and dial 913-648-8888. After conversing with a nice person for a few minutes, the world doesn't look like such a bad place after that. I usually do the dishes and help with homework at the same time.

20 minutes later, there is a nice piping hot pizza, with a delicious side of bone out honey bbq chicken wings of course, ready to be inhaled.

There. I hope it helps some other person in this mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world.

This leads to my second point. Last night right before I came home, I got a call from Mr. Right, stating that I am not to make dinner when I get home. No problem for me! You don’t have to tell me that twice. So I was thinking about where he was going to take us out to dinner while friends were setting up a surprise party in our home for when I returned. It had to be that because when I walked into the clean house on Saturday, Mr. Right said, “Don’t look in that corner. Where things are covered up. And don’t look at that box from my parents that might or might not have something in it for you. As a matter of fact, just don’t come into this room. Ever. Until later.”

So you see, I had a suspicion that something was going to happen. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one by me!

Since I got home before Mr. Right and I knew all these people were coming over, I decided to do the dishes that had been piling up since I got home. Pretty much every pan we owned was dirty either in the sink or on the stove. Hey – pans are Mr. Right’s job. It was written into our vows. “To have and to hold from this day forward… And I, Mr. Right, will scour all the pans. I’ll do a better job anyway and finding a dirty pan in the clean cupboard will drive me nuts anyway, so I solemnly vow to do the pans.” Just ask him.

Anyhoo, I thought I would be the good wife and clean up the pans perfectly. I started to do them, then I realized that the sleeves on my shirt would continually get in the way. So rather than just changing, I took it off just to do the dishes. Of course I'm in my "birthday top" because as you well know from here, I don't wear a bra unless my life depends on it. Smart thinking, I know!

About two minutes later, my son who had been playing outside, comes in. I slightly turn to tell him that he couldn’t come into the kitchen, just in time to see another person following him into the kitchen, holding a cake. I ever-so-politely urged the person who was only 11 to wait outside for a moment. Then I ran over and threw my shirt on, all the while yelling to my son not to let anyone else in!!! That boy became the most adamant door barrier I ever did see.
Everyone was let in, all went on splendidly. I did however completely detail what had happened to the parents. That boy may be in therapy later and will need to know who to blame.

Lastly, I posted some pictures of my first day and my friends across the country. Do you want to know what Barb said to me? I kept the email so that I would get it right.

Barb: I look so huge! You gals look mahvelous dahling!

Me: You do NOT look huge!!!! (unless you mean tall, and then the answer is yeah.)

B: I meant both!

Me: Don’t even try that… You are a runway model for sure. And I couldn’t see any fat on you and I stayed at your house and ate with you! Sheesh.

B: You are so sweet, but I didn’t wear shorts or anything like that either….runway model? I wish! I’d be making some serious dough! I’d have to pay them to be on their runway.

It went on to be silly after that, but I just couldn’t believe that Barb would feel that way about herself! I mean look at her. She’s tall and beautiful and thin!



So Barb, I’m doing this for your own good.

Dear sweet blogger friends, would you please leave a comment to Barb about how she looks to you?

A friend of mine sent me this email. I’ll finish with these thoughts so that we all can be reminded about how we should view ourselves.

And Barb, this one’s for you.

Someone will always be prettier.

Someone will always be smarter.

Someone's house will be bigger.

Someone will drive a better car.

Someone's children will do better in school.

And someone's husband will fix more things around the house.

So let it go, and love you and your circumstances.

Think about it.

The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.

And the most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children.

And the richest woman you know, she's got the car, the house, the clothes...might be lonely.

And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing."

So, again, love you. Love who you are.

Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say "I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"

Labels: