Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Green Detergent That Saves Some Green (Free Sample!)

Back in the days before I made my own detergent, I used to buy Purex, mainly because it cleaned really well at a fraction of what Tide, Gain or All cost. I was always pleased with its scent, its cleaning power and its price.

A week ago, I received a sample bottle of the new Purex Natural Elements Apple & Melon scented detergent, a laundry cleaner derived from 100 % natural cleansing ingredients and natural fragrance. I had high hopes about this detergent. I wondered if it could still live up to its reputation of cleaning really well while being gentle on the environment.

I can honestly say that after umpteen loads of laundry, I am extremely please with the results. It really is tough on dirt while it’s still softens the clothes and makes them smell fantastic! This detergent is concentrated, so I still have many capfuls left after all my washing. And being the rebel that I am, I always just poured the capful into the tub when I started the washer and threw my clothes into the washer immediately. I’ve had clean clothes every single time.

So if you’re looking for a way to go a little greener without it costing an arm and a leg, I would recommend this detergent. If Apple & Melon aren’t for you, there’s also Linen & Lilies or Cherry Blossoms & Vanilla. You can find a 100 oz bottle for about $7. So not only is Purex going green, it’s saving green too!

If you want to know more about this product, check out this Purex site. In addition to tips and product information, the site is home to an auction of celebrity designed t-shirts with eco-friendly slogans with all proceeds going to the Earth Day Network (check out Jaime Pressly and Bette Midler’s designs among others). Consumers can also get involved by entering the national design contest and creating a virtual t-shirt with your own original design. Every person who enters the contest will get a free sample. The winner will have their design produced for sale on the Web site (with all proceeds going to EDN) and will win a smart-for-two car from Mercedes Benz.

Not in the mood to design a shirt? You can still get a free sample here.

You’re welcome.

Head on over to Shannon’s place for some other fabulous tips.

Labels: , ,