Monday, January 02, 2006

January Already?

I can't believe it is 2006! What happened to 2005? Time is going by entirely too quickly now that I am getting older. But I am not too forgetful to remember some of the many blessings that God has given to us!

Let me go through a quick review... in pictures.

I started working for a great guy in February. I have to say that he is the best boss I have ever had. (Don't tell him or else it might go to his head...) I really like being an assistant. I get to participate in so many things, but not have all the pressures that the big boss has. Whew! I've enough of them on my own.

We went to Florida to see my folks. We arrived right after a tropical storm, which made the beach incredibly clean and beautiful. God blessed us to have a perfect week in the state, not too hot and not rainy. My parents rented a boat and we were given the opportunity to swim out in the water and to see dolphins. They were incredible.


Photo: A moment of peace

We also visited family, Ron and Gina and all the cousins. My two kids were in hog heaven! From sun up to sun down, they played, played played. Those are the memories that they still talk about. They love seeing them!



Photos: Good times at the magic show!

We bought a house. We love it! It is so nice to have to yell to get someone to hear you. Before all you had to do was whisper. But I yelled anyway to keep my voice in training.

Photo: Our little patch of paradise while on earth.

Mr. Right lost his job, yeah right after moving into the house. But God was very good to us! We never went hungry and He sent angels to cover the mortgage. Mr. Right now has a new job, and he loves it. It is nice to see him doing something he enjoys and having a nice boss!

Photo (l): Me and Mr. Right at Silver Dollar City

My son started school. Yep the baby is in school. I didn't cry over it, mainly because I had to go to work afterwards. Who wants to go to work looking like a racoon?

Photo (r): My little Indian (the one with the big mouth)

We had the whole family at our place for Christmas. Well almost everyone. It was a full house and I loved every moment of it! The weather has been great - just enough snow to play and to make a snowman. And the hot chocolate afterwards are a sure pleaser.

Photo: There's no fun like snow fun

And this account doesn't even mention all our wonderful friends. There's not enough time or room to praise them! Just know that you are very valued and loved.

2005 was a great year. I have many wonderful memories of the past year to review.

2006, however, needs a little help already. I think my wallet was stolen. But, on the bright side of life, I won the first round of Phase 10 in 2006. So it can't be all bad.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for us yet! (But I hope it involves finding my wallet...)