Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Calling All Prayer Warriors

Tomorrow I must do something incredibly difficult.

I must confront a friend with honesty, facts and tough love. It will be brutal for both of us. Harsh for my friend because denial and anger will come from it, a lot of it I am sure will be misaimed at me. It will be painful for me because I will be bringing up things from my past that I would much rather forget in an effort to help my friend see truth.

I very much don't want to do it, but I know God picked me because I understand the predicament and I have already told Him to use me as He will. I just didn't think it would be this way- at least I always hoped it wouldn't.

Obviously I am attempting to keep all the details confidential, but if you would be willing to pray for me and my friend with the Holy Spirit interceeding on our behalf, I would appreciate it very much. Please offer up prayers of support for me to say what must be said with love and compassion and for my friend to hear it, accept it and make changes at that moment before it is too late.

Although I am only offering meager and vague information, I know that with God's strength, the outcome can be clear and positive.

Thanks for the prayers in advance,

Shalee

Labels: