Friday, May 19, 2006

Meme for Addie (3-1=2 to go)

******Before you read, please go to My Quiet Corner and make some noise. Read about the prayer request for momrn2's daughter. This is where we can put our prayers in our mouth and our hands together before the Lord!*****



On May 2nd, Addie tagged me with this meme. I am finally getting it done... Sorry it took so long Addie. Normally I am much more with it! So without further ado, I present The Meme. (Dunh da daaaaaaaaah)

I Am – Woman…
Woe man…
Whoooooooooooooooa man!
She was a thief
You gotta believe
She stole my heart and my cat
.......
Hey, Jane, get me off
This crazy thing...
... called love.
(I always - I repeat, always- think of this bit from So I Married An Axe Murderer, a highly forgettable movie… I only saw it once, but it stuck.)

I Am – a mess, but by the grace of God it's okay. (couldn’t decide, so I repeated it.)

I want – to not want anything not of God.

I wish – I knew how to raise my kids without screwing them up.

I hate – when I am angry with others, but I’m really mad at myself.

I miss – rocking my children and holding them close to me almost every night.

I hear – voices. And they are telling me to go get chocolate ice cream since it is a sunny beautiful day. Since it is such a good idea, I’m going to assume it is the voice of God.

I wonder – what it was like on the ark, what it was like for Jonah, what it would be like to have been Lazarus raised from the dead, and what heaven will be like.

I regret – not knowing the meaning of grace earlier in life.

I hope – I can help my children understand grace and the love of God much earlier than I ever understood it beauty and freedom.

I am not – tall in height, but I am in character.

I dance – like a white churched girl, but I just don’t care.

I sing – songs in response to questions, statements and for no reason at all.

I cry – at baptisms with pure joy, at weddings with memories of my own floating into view, at funerals for my earthly loss, and when others are crying, but not my kids… they are usually crying because of discipline matters, and they just have to get over it.

I am not always – Christ-like. Bummer, especially for anyone who interacts with me.

I make – mean biscuits and gravy, apple or strawberry pie, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti sauce, lumpia, potato soup and roulade.

I write – because it helps me to think and Mr. Right really needs me to have another outlet sometimes.

I confuse – my right from my left all the time! (“Wedding ring is on the left hand” often runs through my mind when I need to think of a direction.)

I need – lots of love and attention from Mr. Right. Okay, I’d take it from others too, but only in a non-romantic way.

I should – not should on myself.

I start – my car, the washer, the dishwasher, the bath, the computer, the DVD player, but not the mower because I just can’t get that pull thingy to work for me! Oh darn.

I finish – every book I read, even if it is one that I know I should stop reading because it reeks… I just have to see it through to the end. And some times I am really glad I did because the ending made the book worth while.

Okay, I really liked this one because it dealt with more of the me that makes me me.

So I tag Suzi , Susanne because she doesn't have a blog to share all the good stuff like this - use the comment section if you will, Kate from The Tate School because we've missed her!, Kris from flip flops, Mary from Mary on a Mission, and Diane at Partners in Prayer for our prodigals.

Whew... One down 2 to go... Jeana, yours is next!

Labels: ,