Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm Such A Weirdo

Heather from Funny Thoughts About Life's Crazy Happenings caught me for another meme. Susanne tried to get me too, but all it takes is one tag to make me it. And here I thought I was playing hard to get… Heather totally got me when I was looking the other way.

The meme requires that I must list 5 weird things about myself or my pet and then I must tag 5 people to do the same. Five? That’s all? Honey, don’t you know that this list could go on for DAYS? I won’t chicken out and do the pet thing. I’ll grab my idiosyncrasies by the horns and pray that I don’t get hurt on the way.
  1. When riding in the car, I envision a long cutter that will cut down all the tall grass on the side of the road. This only applies when I am on the passenger’s side, front seat. And my cutter can magically go around all signs leaving them intact. Don't have an answer as to how or when it started...
  2. I like my house HOT. A pleasant 80’s is perfect for me. Fortunately I married someone who feels the same way, at least until his allergies start acting up. I do, however, turn it down for company, so fret not if you are ever inclined to head my way. Just don’t be surprised to see me in a sweater if I need it. In the cold, I don’t want my house all stuffy, so it is kept down with the fire place used for old-fashioned heat (although it’s a gas fireplace, so it’s not the same as a great wood burning fire).
  3. I have been known to get so engrossed into what I am doing that meals can pass me by. Often, around 2:30 in the afternoon, I will start to wonder why I am hungry, only to realize that I’ve missed lunch altogether. Then I have the debate of waiting to eat at dinner or ruining it by eating at that time. It’s usually a toss-up as to which one wins.
  4. I love Monty Python. They crack me up! I could sit and watch them and then hope to find funny ways to insert some of the most clever lines into real life dialogue. The same goes with Napoleon Dynamite. And LOTR. And Anne of Green Gables. And… well you get the idea. Lines I can use in a fit setting. But if someone asks for one outright, my mind goes blank. Kind of like jokes. I can’t remember a joke right for nothing!
  5. I’m an onion lover. The more the merrier in my book. And all its family members. (That includes garlic, a.k.a. the stinking rose. Betcha didn’t know that, huh? See you can learn something from me.)
  6. And just to be different, I’ll tack an extra one on mainly because I hate it when something tells me that I MUST do something. (Do you wonder where my son gets his obstinacy?)
    I’m not a crafts-type woman. I can do nothing without a detailed list of instructions and even then it probably won’t look the way it should. I applaud all you who have a way with sewing, gluing, drawing, placing, and basically creating something out of nothing. I have not that gift. Maybe it skipped about 4 generations and my kids will miraculously have it.

Now I hereby declare that I touched Shayne, Melissa, Addie, Chilihead, Bekah and Jeana’s Katie. I’d pick Jeana, but really she definitely gives us her weirdness in full force. We won’t get to read her daughter's answers, but everyone wants to be picked sometimes, especially sweet blogging girls.

Labels: ,