Monday, November 06, 2006

Aftershocks

When visiting Dallas, I left my coat at the airport security checkpoint. (This is why I am happy to have my head attached to body. I'm sure I would leave it too if I had the opportunity.) Anyway, I called Antique Mommy about retrieving it, and here is a message from her regarding our call.

I have been meaning to tell you that last week when I called you from my cell phone to ask about your coat, I was in the car and Sean was in the backseat listening, as always, to conversation. When I hung up, he piped up from the backseat, "Mom, turn this car around. We need to go to the airport to get Shalee's coat. She might be getting cold!"

Then this morning, at 5:30am, we are sitting at the breakfast table eating a piece of toast

Sean: When is that woman coming back?
Me: That woman? (long pause as I go through my mental roladex) You mean Ms. Shalee?
Sean: Yeah, Shalee
Me: Well, I don't know.
Sean: Let's call her right now and talk to her and tell her to come back!

Needed to pass that along before I forgot. Thought you'd get a kick out of that. You are a rock star to a 3-year-old.


If this is my 15 minutes of fame, I can't think of a better way to use them. It's great to be missed.

And Sean, I'll play with you anyday. I can't wait to come back to see you again too.

Labels: