Thursday, January 04, 2007

Tough Love vs. Spanking

A parent's conundrum...

To spank or not to Spank: that is the question.

A lot of America 's populace thinks it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of "those moments."

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.


Hey, I'm all about helping out a fellow mom now and again.

Oh, and for the record, I do believe in spanking as a form of dicipline, followed by lots and lots of love and discussion. Since my kids are older, I've found that grounding and "take aways" are what works now. Fortunately, that is occurring less and less these days. (Just you watch: I'll get home tonight and they'll be acting like such yahoos that I'll be grounding them left and right...)

Labels: