Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good

I saw my kids for about an hour yesterday. When I went into work, I told my boss that there was a distinct possibility that Mr. Right and the kids would be by on their way to the other grandparents, and if they did come by, please don't ask me to do a thing for him because I didn't want to be distracted. He stared at me a moment and then said okay. (He had to leave for the rest of the day after lunch, so it all worked out for the best!)

The kids, still in pjs and having major bedhead, showed up to my office and they never looked better. They both are as tall as the jolly green giant (What were you serving them, Gina and Grandma? Growth hormones?) and just as animated as can be. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk! From all sides, including mine.

The Bad

The kids are now at Mr. Right's parents' house for the rest of the summer. I know the kids will have a blast and cherish all the memories that will be made, but I still have a huge part of my heart that wants to be completely selfish with keeping them near me, even though I have to work most of the day. But to make it less bad that they are away, Mr. Right and I have planned to see them often, especially since these grandparents are only about 4 hours away. It will be so worth the gas to be with them.

The Ugly

I knew it would happen sooner or later. I just really hoped it would be later... a lot later. My work installed some sort of filter that keeps me from accessing my blogger account. And if that weren't bad enough, I can read Blogger posts, but I can't comment on them. I can, however, comment on Haloscan. I'm still discovering whose blogs I can access and whose I am barred. I just want to say that it reeks! So if you could pray that I could find a way to post and comment without eating into my family time (because that is one of my rules for me: I don't blog from home so that my time can actually be spent with them), then I would greatly appreciate it. I'm going to just let God handle the details on this one...

Labels: , ,