Monday, June 18, 2007

I'm Baaack!... Sort of...

Well, believe it or not, I actually survived my trip to Wichita and back. The horrors of it all! I know you heard about the slop I had to eat and the way I was forced to spend my time (read another great book, Hearts and Bones, which I'll review later too), but I don't think I told you about the rigorous exercise regime that was on my itinerary as well.

On Wednesday night, I went to the workout room (which was pretty nice) and I ran my 20 minutes. It was wonderful to have the place to myself and to use my new birthday iPod from Mr. Right. The time seemed to fly by and I didn't really feel as if I were suffering too much. (I wasn't so lucky the next morning when my boss was using the workout room when I went to run. I don't know about you, but I hate working out next to someone who does it all the time and who normally only sees me dressed nicely... I ran anyway and did my sit ups, but I booked out of there soon afterwards.)

My evening after that consisted of showering (thank goodness!) and reading (see above). I actually slept better than I thought I would, so that was a nice surprise.

Thursday was chucked full of activities. Another run in the morning, a great breakfast and then I was off and running. I had two sessions to set and complete, a yummy lunch to scarf down and then in the evening, there was an area picnic for the local offices and their business contacts. That was a lot of fun! Good BBQ, excellent company and a live band that was phenomenal. I did dance the white girl's dance, which we all know by now was named after me. But it was fun and really great exercise! I left around 9:30 and was tucked in bed by 10, reading again (because you know there was nothing on tv despite the 30 something channels that were available to me...)

Oh, and I found out the next morning that there was actually a "bar fight" over a woman after I left. Now I told both those guys that I wasn't interested, but would they listen? Noooo. (And in case you don't know this yet, that was tongue in cheek. They weren't fighting over me, but rather over some other woman. And yes, they were both drunk and stupid and one of them was arrested for their moment of stupidity.)

Friday saw the last session in Wichita, and then I was on my way back home. Mr. Right brought me roses and gave me great kisses the moment he walked in the door. There's something about going away that makes me really look forward to coming home!

His work gave everyone a gift certificate to Dave and Busters, so we went out to eat and played games just like little kids. We didn't stay too late because, seriously, I was pooped out. How do I know this? Well, when we got home at 9 PM, I crawled into bed to wait for Mr. Right and the next thing I knew, it was 8:30 in the morning! Oh Glorious Sleep! How I love thee!

We bummed the entire weekend. Saturday - we watched 2 - TWO - movies and just spent good time together. On Sunday, I took Mr. Right out for breakfast at Panera's, we went to church, ate with our friends and talked with the kids. And Mr. Right was allowed his uninterrupted marathon nap! (I read - no surprise there, huh?) We went over to some friends house in the evening and did some great catching up with them and then we headed home. I finally downloaded from iTunes with the gift certificates that my boss gave me for my birthday. (It's amazing... I still have $50 left!)

And now, I'm back at work, gearing up for the next meetings at the end of this week. And I'm really looking forward to it.

But my real questions are these: Did you miss me when I was gone and what song would you suggest that I get for my iPod?

(And just so you know, I'll attempt to get caught up with everyone soon!)

Labels: , ,

Link me baby:

Create a Link

<< Home