Friday, October 19, 2007

I Know What I Can Be For Halloween...

Last night I decided to follow Jeana's advice about feeling better, which required honey and a clove of garlic that has been pressed.  Unable to find my garlic press, I opened the kitchen door that lead to the closed garage, thinking that I must have accidentally put it in storage in our garage.

As I reached around to turn on the light, I stepped down on to our step... and felt something slightly furry touch my foot.  (Here is where I should mention that we don't own an outdoor pet.  Our cat stays indoors.  At all times.  Our indoor does not include our garage.)  In the span of a nanosecond, I turned on the light and jumped back a step, all the while, very operatically singing, "Oooooooooooh Myyyy Goooooooooodneeeeeeeeeeeess!" as I looked at the opossum staring up at me.

Did I mention that I have great lungs and abdomen strength and that my voice can carry up two flights of stairs so well that it can cause Mr. Right to come running down the stairs, phone in hand, ready to call 911 as soon as he knew the nature of my emergency?  I totally copped to being a girl and begged Mr. Right to chase that critter out of the garage.  

I knew those Music Major classes in college would come in handy sooner or later.  

So now I've decided to be a new type of Superhero for Halloween - Opera Woman!  I can shatter glass, leap tall steps and cause opossums to play dead with a single note.  Oh yeah.  I'm great in cases of emergencies. 

Now, if I could just find a helmet with horns I'll be in business...

Labels: ,