Monday, March 17, 2008

I Need To Find A Leprechaun With A Car In His Pot

We made it through our weekend without the kids. It was tough, but somebody had to do it...

So what do to crazy, kid-free couples do on their two days off from work and they get to be together? Why they go car shopping, of course! I can't tell you how romantic car shopping... isn't. I mean, we would test drive cars where one of us would sit in the back, but we couldn't both sit in the back, so where was the joy in that? Total waste of makeout time, if you ask me. (Which I totally realize you didn't, but it's my blog so the thoughts will stray where they will.)

So after six hours of searching for a vehicle that would fit our needs, we came home with... nothing. Not a single car made the qualification of excellent price + import + medium-low mileage. And it's not that we're incredibly picky. It's that we know God has our vehicle waiting for us; we're just waiting for him to open our eyes to it.

Saturday night after all that searching, (where I have to tell you consisted of Mr. Right getting out and looking at the lots while I read a book - he came back to get me if we had any that met our qualifications), we came home because we had plans to have our friend John over for dinner and a movie. We hadn't seen him in eons, which is really sad because he's Mr. Right's best friend. So we enjoyed great wine, I Robot and a recipe which John labeled "Dump Pasta" that I will share with you now.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I cooked up a package of Barilla Farfelle (yes, Jenny - I'm still a Barilla fan no matter how often Brian tries to charm me into becoming a Martha Gooch lover). Drain it and throw into a greased 13 x 9 pan.

Using some homemade spaghetti sauce in the fridge (this one was with meat because I could never be a vegetarian for long), I added around 3-4 cups of spaghetti sauce and stir until mixed well. Top the dish with an Italian blend of cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Broil for the last few minutes to get the cheese nicely browned and tasty.

Serve with vino and a fresh loaf of bread and you've got a meal that is tantalizing to your tastebuds!

Sunday after church and lunch, we tried to go car shopping again, but none of the dealers were open. In a way, I was relieved. I was so tired I went home and took a 2 hour nap while Mr. Right continued to search for cars online while getting in some basketball. Guess what we'll be doing on some of our nights without kids. Sigh. Please pray for my attitude. I know that God has it under control, but y'all, it's still shopping. Ugh.

On a lighter note, we finally watched Invincible. It was a wonderfully entertaining movie! As the show started, Mr. Right joked, "What do we watch when the kids are gone? A Disney movie. How messed up is that?" But it was a great way to relax for an hour and a half.

Speaking of the kids, I don't think that they miss us too much at this point... They've had McDonald's and other great food, they're with their grandparents, they've just added their cousins to the mix and The Girl is loving getting to spend time with her best friend, Bailey. They might have an inkling to talk to us, but really, they are having a fantastic Spring Break. Funny how we're the one missing them...

Oh, and Happy St. Patty's Day to you all. May you all be special enough to know someone who's Irish! Since I'm Irish as well, it would be my pleasure to offer you this Irish Blessing. Happy Monday!

Labels: , , ,