Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WFMW - How To Shop For A Wardrobe On Ebay

A recurring question from my Prêt-à-Porter, Fiesta Style! post that I have been asked is "How did you buy all your clothes on ebay?!"


Come closer my little friends. I'll tell you my shopping secret...

Here’s the long and short of how to shop ebay for clothes.

  1. Log onto ebay and select “Clothing”.

  2. Next select “Women’s Clothing”. Ummm, if you're a guy and you're shopping you might want to select "Men's Clothing". If you're a guy shopping for himself and you're selecting "Women's Clothing", then I don't want to know about it.

  3. From there you can do one of two things: type in your normal clothing size to see all the clothing that is available for you. (You can further narrow it by adding a color or a style that you want.)

  4. OR you can do what I do: I put in my size and then add the word "Lot". All the bulk clothing listings will come up. You peruse those lots and then decide if you want to bid.

  5. Remember to look at the shipping when you are determining how much you want to pay over all because some of the sellers will gouge you there.

That’s it! I found two lots - one that had 31 pieces and another that had 40 pieces - that I bid and won, costing me $150 altogether or the equivalent of 3 or 4 things in a store. I’m not a huge ebay advocate; I just love that I won two lots that contained several pieces and that I don’t have to go shopping except for undies and shoes…

Oh, and unless you wear a size 6x like Michelle thinks that I do, you can bid to your hearts content and you won't bother me a bit!

Head on over to Shannon's place to get some other awesome tips!

Labels: