Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dear God, It's Me Again

Yep. I’m asking for your prayers again. If it’s not one thing, it’s another…

My father-in-awe has been taken back to the hospital for an infection that can only be treated with surgery. I’m assuming that they need to cut out the infection since the antibiotic isn’t treating it well enough.

So… the prayers are first and foremost that God will lay his healing hand on Ron. This Sunday will be Ron and Avon’s 46th wedding anniversary, and I know for a fact that she would love to celebrate at least 25 more anniversaries with him.

Secondly, I ask that you pray for our family. Every phone call to Avon ended with the sincere question, “Do you want/need us to bring the kids home?” Yesterday, she finally said yes. So, that means that the kids are coming home to a house full of boxes and no toys. I did call a friend and basically asked if the kids could stay at their house and play with their kids from Sunday through Wednesday. She was so wonderful that she said yes without taking a breath! After that time, they’ll be back in our keep to help us with the move. The rest of the time, Mr. Right and I will work out how we’re going to take care of them this late in the game. Itps my guess that all the good summer sitters are taken already. I also have a feeling that The Girl is going to start earning her keep, and The Boy is going to truly understand what it means to submit to his sister when she’s in charge.

Lastly, I need you to pray for Mr. Right and me. We’re used to sleepin’ neked and eating ice cream out in the open. It’s gonna be hard to make a sudden switch! Oh the horror of being parents again…

Seriously, thanks for the prayers. I know that God already knows what we need, but it's a balm to the soul to know that others will take a moment to pray for a friend... or a stranger.

Labels: