Friday, March 24, 2006

Zippa-dee do-da

Zippa-dee do-da Zippa-dee day
my oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zippa-dee do-da Zippa-dee day!


That’s what I feel over this up and down rollercoaster of a week. Overall, I am full of song and joy for so many reasons.

  • Getting out of the house for a few days
  • Wine
  • Blogging/catching up with blogs
  • Eating really good food on real plates, with real silverware (and an extra fork or two) at a table where nothing will be crumbled up and thrown away
  • Wine
  • Blogging/catching up with blogs
  • Cute toes (the fingernails were chipping by the next day... now you see why I don’t do the manicure thing too often)
  • Wine
  • Blogging/catching up with blogs
  • Lots of laughter and conversations with fellow workers
  • Wine
  • Blogging/catching up with blogs (See a recurring theme here?)
  • Friends who I have never met praying for an unknown situation
  • Kids fighting to sit by me at first dinner home
  • Sleeping in my own bed next to Mr. Right
  • Promising outcome with a dear friend
  • Parents coming for a surprise visit
  • Ice cream (Hey, if I can’t have the wine, I’ll take the ice cream as a nice substitution)

I just have this overwhelming sense of peace and satisfaction.

And that is worth singing about.

P.S. By the way, the Wichita trip ended very well. I made it home safe and sound. It is ever so true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. As excited as I was about leaving home for a few days, that’s how excited I was about returning to it, even if it meant doing laundry, scrubbing bathrooms and mediating tiffs between the kids. As much as I love being an excellent Executive Assistant (most of the time because heaven knows this past week was no proof of it), I love being a wife and mother even more – even if it means not as much wine. But fortunately, there’s always blogging.

Labels: