Friday, August 11, 2006

Deer Tick Warning

I hate it when people give bogus warnings, but this one is real, and it's important. So please send this warning to everyone you know:

If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!

IT IS A SCAM; they only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid now.

I'm just glad it happened when the kids weren't home...

Speaking of kids, today is the day that I'm going to tear them from the clutches of the evil grandparents...

Wait, that's not right. I'm going to be tearing them away from the ever-so-loving, nothing-could-possibly-spoil-these-kids hugs from the grandparents. And that is when they will be kicking and screaming because they will be re-introduced to a little thing we call "rules". Oh yes, they will be begging for summer to start again when they get to our house - the house where bed time is early and dinner is not always McDonald's or peanut butter and marshmellow sandwiches and ice cream is not necessarily doled out every night. Oh (evil grin and rubbing of hands) they are mine, all MINE! Bwa ha ha ha.

So, if you don't hear from me today it's because I'm actually going to be enjoying the art of motherhood again. I can't wait to hug those munchkins again.

Seriously, what a humongous blessing to have the kids actually spend quality time with all of their grandparents. But I am going to be ever so happy to have them home with me again. I have missed their cuddles, their smiles and their playfulness. I could definitely get used to that again.

Have a blessed Friday, and remember the tip above... unless of course your spouse is the surveyor. Then I guess you could boogie to your heart's content.

Labels: