Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFMW - Cascade 2-in-1 Action Pacs


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I have found something that I absolutely love. Shannon has already given it a 5 rocks rating and now I know why.

It's Cascade 2-in-1 Action Pacs. These things are going to be a staple in my cleaning artillery!

First you need to understand that I'm usually not into gimicky products. I would never have tried them on my own, except with the endorsement of a fellow woman like Shannon. Imagine my delight when Cascade contacted me about a trial with their product as well! Woo hoo! Trying something for free definitely works for me.

When it arrived, it was a full package of the product, which is great because we go through lots of dishes. It also came with a product pamplet, detailing the benefits of the Action Pacs. They also sent a few pages of "celebrity" gossip about who was considered the cleanest Hollywood couple, a poll comparing other couples and gossip-y, trival info that basically went straight in the recycle bin. I thought it was foolish nonsense that had nothing to do with the product; besides, I don't care what Matthew Brodrick and Sarah Jessica Parker use to clean. They have a maid do it anyway, so it all was a moot point. So my suggestion to the Cascade Advertising firm is to ditch the "Hollywood Connection" and just advertise the product.

Now... to the Action Pacs! This product combines the dishwashing soap of Dawn (my favorite) with the power of Cascade (my favorite for the dishwasher). This is a detergient marriage made in heaven.

Now I'm with Shannon. I have this gene in me that dictates that I prewash my dishes before loading the dishwasher. But with the help of prayer and a reminding husband, I was able to forgo the prewash and just scraped and loaded. I've tried this for over a week while auditioning the Cascade 2-in-1 Action Pacs. I just popped the small pac into the detergient dispenser, closed the compartment and start the wash. And I loved the results.

The dishes were really clean! I have found only three dishes that had to be rewashed and that was because the food on them were really sticky - Malt-o-Meal. That stuff barely comes off when I prewash, so it really didn't surprise me. Everything else was ready to be put away as soon as the dishes were dry.

Not only am I not wasting water with prewashing the dishes, I am saving on dishwashing soap, too. However, in my book, the most important thing that was saved was time. It really did cut the kitchen time down by two-thirds. My 30 minutes clean-up became 10 minutes, and most of that was putting the leftovers away and cleaning the kitchen. That meant more time for the family before bed and less energy exerted on the mundane.

The only thing you must do is keep the pacs from getting wet. It has a moisture releasing packaging around the pacs, so for them to get wet would ruin them. Use dry hands when putting a pac into the dishwasher and store the resealable bag in a dry place. Other than that, I have no qualms with this product.

So I highly recommend the Cascade 2-in-1 Action Pacs. This is a product that lives up to its advertising, and often that is a hard thing to find.

If you want to get out of the kitchen quicker and save money at the same time, I recommend that you put this little winner on you list.

Labels: ,