Thursday, February 01, 2007

50 Cheap Dates Idea

I don't know about you, but our money for dates is not as copious as it use to be. What with finding a babysitter, going out on the actual date and having enough money left over for trivial things like food or heat is a big deal for us these days. But sometimes I think that heat is overrated, and we go out anyway. My kids can wear 3 sweaters instead of one for the next week and huddle around the oven for warmth while I'm cooking.

So I thought in honor of this month being the month of (insert Barry White's voice here) Luuuuhv, I hearby declare a Cheap Date Blogathon. (And by cheap, I don't mean "He's so cheap he married a skinny girl so he could buy a small wedding ring" type cheap. I mean cheap as in "We may not have money, honey, but we're going to do something that gives us a chance to enjoy each other" type cheap.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you ever so much Jules for creating the cutest button! She captured what I wanted without my being able to actually describe it. Creative genius, I'm telling you.

And for the love of all that is good in the world and in our marriages, I must, Must, MUST request that no one post about walking around Barnes & Noble for an hour, sipping coffee. A girl can only stand so much of that kind of date before she wants to throw a book at her spouse. Yes, even a bookaholic like me! I'm talking about dates where you actually reconnect with your spouse, talk with your mate, have fun (!), enjoy the presence of each other and remember why you actually married in the first place. Go wild on your ideas and share some of your past cheap dates, but please keep them cheap and out of a bookstore. (Not that Mr. Right and I suffer from this lack of imagination or anything...)

It's named "50 Cheap Dates" because I would love to see enough ideas here to keep Mr. Right and me out of the bookstore for the entire year, at least for a date. Actually, I'm hoping you can give us enough ideas to last us a couple of years. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) I understand that cheap is relevant, so just give us an idea of what YOU do when you are looking forward to a date that isn't as expensive as some others on which you may go.

I'll host our ideas on Tuesday, February 6th - which should give me us plenty of time to prepare for a cheap date for Valentine's Day, if need be... not that I'm looking for any ideas to use so soon. We, of course, have our Valentine's date completely planned. And have I told you lately that lying is my only bad habit?

I'll set up a Mr. Linky, and we can share the love ideas that may last me all of us through the year.

Spread the word, steal the button and encourage others to share their ideas on the 6th. Please link back to this post so that others can find out the hows and whys of it all.

And I look forward to reading how you keep the lovin' feeling alive without selling your youngest to make it happen.

Labels: