Monday, February 12, 2007

Test on a Snow Day

I woke up this morning to new snow, cold wind and another snow day with cancelled schools. All I can say is that God has blessed me with an understanding boss. When I emailed him this morning to make him aware of the snow day circumstances, he told me to go build a snowman. I don't think so... not in this weather.

The one excellent thing about a cancelled school day is that the kids are still excited about being outside... So they want to shovel the snow off the driveway. Bonus! I'll just give them their fill of hot chocolate as payment and we'll be good to go. (I'm watching them right now and my son is putting all the snow in the shovel onto the yet-to-be-shoveled snow. The girl is getting onto him about it, so I'm guessing that he'll change his strategy pretty soon. They'll probably still be out there quite a while by the looks of things.)

Overall it's been your average out of school day. I've managed to yell at the kids at least twice this morning... and it's not even 10 AM. Woo hoo. I'm thinking that I'll make myself take a nap if I don't straighten out here soon...

I'm excited about the time at home. It gives me a chance to read e... I think I'm in for a tearjerker and a praise God festival today.

I read Ender's Game and I have to say that it was pretty good. Very mysterious, very sci-fi, very thought provoking - all this in a young adult read. Not bad. Not bad at all. There was a slight bit of language, but no cursing. Mostly name calling that I could have done without, but not as bad as some I've read. I'd recommend it.

The kids are begging me to come see their snow angels. Love beckons...

I'll leave you with the results of my test. I saw this one at momrn2 and I just had to try my hand at it too.

You know the Bible 100%!

Wow! You are awesome! You are a true Biblical scholar, not just a hearer but a personal reader! The books, the characters, the events, the verses - you know it all! You are fantastic!

Ultimate Bible Quiz
Create MySpace Quizzes



All those late night readings seem to be paying off...

Labels: , ,