Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WFMW - Getting Lost


So in case you haven't heard, I'm not a big tv watcher. I just don't get the hype. And if I do find a show that I like, it's usually been on for a few years and I discover it just when it's about to go off the air. Yeah, I'm a trend setter. That's why the Nielsen Media Research people LOVE calling my house to see what we watch. I usually have nothing to contribute...

Until now.

After church, a friend of ours loaned us the first season of Lost. Oh my word... In just 2 days, Mr. Right and I have watched over have of the discs (7 discs, 4 shows on each one). Yes, we have become Lost zombies... and followers. I totally get why Shannon and all the other fans go on and on about this show. It's exciting and mysterious and adventurous. Mr. Right and I have these theories about what is going to happen and who is who and what is going on.

Do I have a tip? Yeah, in here somewhere. I love being able to watch the shows without waiting for the next week. So I guess my tip is to be a slow starter, to listen to all the hype to make sure it is something you want to commit to watching and then borrow the seasons at a time so that you can go full steam on it without having to wait for all the questions.

Oh, and start over a weekend when you can get rid of your kids. You won't want to stop for trivial things like fixing lunches and such.

Does anyone have Season 2 they'd like to let me borrow? The way we're going, I should be able to return it to you in a week.

Head on over to Shannon's for some really worthwhile tips.

And if you have any great comments to share about Lost, remember that I'm only on season one. Please don't give anything away...

Labels: