Monday, February 19, 2007

Wendy in Life, Peter Pan At Heart

Does any one else feel as if they're playing the part of the adult?

I'm 35, but I still feel like a kid, muddling my way through the world. I still have all these child-like feelings; and there are times I just don't want to be a grown up.

  • I still worry about others liking me.
  • I still feel inadequate when it comes to style.
  • My hair is just as unimpressive as when I was in high school.
  • I still keep a 'student' state of mind when it comes to completing tasks.
  • I don't want to be picked last.
  • I want to have a slumber party - doing each other's nails, giggling over silly things and talking until I fall asleep.
  • I keep hoping someone else will do the stuff I don't want to do, especially housework.
  • I know I have kids... but I still feel too inept to raise them when I'm still learning so much myself.
  • I still stare at wonder at the man beside me, baffled as to how he chose me. I mean, I actually sleep with a man!
  • I still laugh at the corniest things.
  • I still dream about doing things and having far off adventures.
  • I still wonder if I'm a pain.
  • I want to chase the ice cream man down for a bomb pop.
  • I want to do activities that my body is begging to differ with.
  • I still feel as selfish as I did at 12 years old.
  • Some days, all I want to do is play.
  • Often, all I want are sweets.
  • I want someone to come and tuck me in at night, wrapping me up in a blanket cocoon.
  • I want summer vacation where I can wander free, climb a tree, read a book, play in the mud and come home so that I can dream about doing it all over again tomorrow.

Sometimes, I would love to just be a kid again.

What about you? What would you do if you could be the kid again?

Labels: , ,