Thursday, August 23, 2007

Life Lesson - Challenges

In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock.


Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the King indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway.


The peasant learned what many of us never understand. Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.


(Lord, please teach me to see all conditions in my life as a learning lesson from you. Make my grumbling heart keep silence and let praise for you be heard by all those around me no matter my situation at that time. Help me to always find treasure to take away from the obstacles that you put before me. Let me also remember that the biggest room in this world is the room for improvement.)

Speaking of challenges, would you mind saying a prayer for my mom? She goes in for exploratory surgery tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM for pain that she's been having in her abdomen. Her name is Cora and she means so much to me, even if I don't tell her enough. Thanks in advance for being prayer warriors on her behalf.

Labels: