Friday, August 10, 2007

She Shoots. She Scores.

I told Mr. Right on Wednesday night that I was pulling out all the stops for the kids' first meal back. I was going to surprise them with MAC AND CHEESE! HOMEMADE! They WILL love me again even if they're craving Grandma's house.
This morning when we were having breakfast, the girl looked at me and sweetly asked, "Mom, would you PLEASE make your homemade macaroni and cheese?" The boy cheered his agreement.
I just beamed and told them that it was already on the menu. Then they did a victory dance. It's now deemed the mac dance, and it's a lively one.
I wish you could have been at the table at dinner tonight. My kids oozed thanks and praise over this dish.
"Mom, this is the best macaroni and cheese in the WHOLE WORLD!"
"If there was a mac and cheese contest in the neighborhood, you would beat everyone hands down!"
"When I grow up, I want to cook just like you."
Move over, Grandma. The Mom is back in town.

Labels: ,