Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Saying Thanks

Man! When y'all come out in force, y'all really come out. I don't think I've seen that many comments in forever and a day. Well, let me be a little more accurate. I see that many comments at other places all the time, just not at mine.

Anyway I want to thank you all for the prayers and the kind words on my last post. I had some loverly ladies call me to make sure that I'm doing okay. I've corresponded one on one with some others who wanted to reassure me that, yeah, it sucks to feel like this, but giving it to God is the best move I could make. Letting you all pray for me was the second best one.

And let me tell you that I can feel them working.

I told another blogger that getting it all out was probably the best medicine towards remedying me. That and a good cry. I can thank Jeana for that one. Thanks Jeana. I feel better.

And if I haven't asked for enough, would you please pray for my mom? I just found out today that she goes into the hospital on the 24th for exploratory surgery on her small intestines. Somethings not right on the x-ray and she's in pain. Don't know what to expect for the outcome because the doctor isn't sure what it is, but if you all would pray for her, I'm be so grateful once again.

As a show of thanks for all your good hearts and acts of valiant service on my behalf, I am hereby divulging my top-secret, consider-it-the-food-of-angels, even-Boomama-will-shed-tears-of-joy-and-euphoria-over-this-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-while-Barb-will-wonder-how-in-the-world-she's-cooked-so-long-without-knowing-this-divine-recipe recipe.

(GiBee asked for the recipe and I told her that "With it comes great power, so it can’t be used lightly. I’m serious. You’d better be prepared to rule the world once you make it. You will be made queen, they will tote you around on their shoulders and those who eat it will fall at your feet to kiss them for you and all your cheesy goodness. At least that happens at my house…" And I even told her that should there be any leftovers, we fight over who gets to eat it. Because we're all about being great Christian examples at our house. Ahem. Moving right along... )

Anyway, you have been warned: Don't make it unless you want to have world dominion. It's that good.

Old-fashioned Mac and Cheese
  • 3 cups uncooked Barilla elbow macaroni (yes, use Barilla because it's the best pasta out there)
  • 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmasan cheese

Heat oven to 350. Spray/grease bottom of 13 x9 pan or 2 quart oven-safe dish.

Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain and reserve.

Heat butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat until melted. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Using a whisk, stir in milk and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Add cheese; cook, stirring occassionally, until melted.

Pour macaroni and cheese mixture into cooking pan. Stir gently until completely mixed. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Turn oven to broil. Lightly brown top of mac and cheese to give it some great crunchy texture and "browned" flavoring.

Serve with LeSeur baby peas (the only peas worth eating in my opinion), pickled beets and onions and let the praising begin.

Thanks you guys. Seriously, thanks and I love you for being here.

Labels: , ,