Friday, November 09, 2007

Things You Notice When You're A Reading Freak

Despite the fact that Jeana will totally belittle my "perusal" of anything with writing, I shall suffer the mocking and share my finds with you anyway.  

Everything I do, I do it for you.  (Thank you, Bryan Adams.  Thank you.)
  1. Bisquick is supposed to be refrigerated after you open it.
  2. A serving of Oreos consists of only three cookies.  *snort* (They didn't use MY family to come up with that number.... we'd have blown that serving suggestion!)
  3. Cheezits used to say 22 crackers was the suggested serving.  Now it's 27.
  4. A 12 oz. soda can used to say 1.5 servings.  Now it says "1 can".  Hmmm...
  5. A serving suggestion of half & half is 2 Tbsp.  Everyone can now back off when we're at a restaurant and I add three of those wimpy half & half containers to my coffee.  (At Shalee's Diner, we serve our cream in pint-sized containers so that you can pour in to your heart's desire!  I don't do milk, so I call it my daily calcium fix.)
  6. The back of cereal boxes can be quite entertaining and educational,  especially at 6 in the morning.  Mesmerizing actually.  Ours has word finds, recipes and trivias.
  7. Malt-O-Meal is one odd company.  The original shows that you can make a serving with 1/4 cup Malt-O-Meal and 1 cup water, yet both the Brown Sugar and the Chocolate advise 3 Tbsp and 3/4 cup water.  It took me 14 years to realize that I can just use 1/4 cup of cereal and 1 cup water for both of them.  Hey, I was always making it before 6 in the morning, often pre-coffee.  Stop mocking me!
  8. Cocktail peanuts contain 10 more calories and 20 more calories from fat than Honey Roasted Peanuts.
  9. Old-fashioned rolled oats are better for you than the quick-cooking oats.  (The cutting process to make the oats cook faster causes the oats to lose much of the fiber that is healthy for us.  That extra 6 minutes doesn't look so long when I know this tidbit of info.)
  10. I just checked my stock of liqueurs... none of them even pretend to offer a serving suggestion.  They know it would be a waste of time.  Now if those Oreos people could just get on board with that....
That's it for now.  Have a wonderful Friday!

Labels: ,