Things You Notice When You're A Reading Freak
Despite the fact that Jeana will totally belittle my "perusal" of anything with writing, I shall suffer the mocking and share my finds with you anyway.
Everything I do, I do it for you. (Thank you, Bryan Adams. Thank you.)
- Bisquick is supposed to be refrigerated after you open it.
- A serving of Oreos consists of only three cookies. *snort* (They didn't use MY family to come up with that number.... we'd have blown that serving suggestion!)
- Cheezits used to say 22 crackers was the suggested serving. Now it's 27.
- A 12 oz. soda can used to say 1.5 servings. Now it says "1 can". Hmmm...
- A serving suggestion of half & half is 2 Tbsp. Everyone can now back off when we're at a restaurant and I add three of those wimpy half & half containers to my coffee. (At Shalee's Diner, we serve our cream in pint-sized containers so that you can pour in to your heart's desire! I don't do milk, so I call it my daily calcium fix.)
- The back of cereal boxes can be quite entertaining and educational, especially at 6 in the morning. Mesmerizing actually. Ours has word finds, recipes and trivias.
- Malt-O-Meal is one odd company. The original shows that you can make a serving with 1/4 cup Malt-O-Meal and 1 cup water, yet both the Brown Sugar and the Chocolate advise 3 Tbsp and 3/4 cup water. It took me 14 years to realize that I can just use 1/4 cup of cereal and 1 cup water for both of them. Hey, I was always making it before 6 in the morning, often pre-coffee. Stop mocking me!
- Cocktail peanuts contain 10 more calories and 20 more calories from fat than Honey Roasted Peanuts.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats are better for you than the quick-cooking oats. (The cutting process to make the oats cook faster causes the oats to lose much of the fiber that is healthy for us. That extra 6 minutes doesn't look so long when I know this tidbit of info.)
- I just checked my stock of liqueurs... none of them even pretend to offer a serving suggestion. They know it would be a waste of time. Now if those Oreos people could just get on board with that....
That's it for now. Have a wonderful Friday!