Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What Does Any Sane Person Do When Her Head Is As Full As A Balloon?

Why go on a field trip with 70 kids, of course.  Right?  Right?

Well, it's what I did, but only because it's been in the works for over a month now.  And The Boy was SO. EXCITED. THAT HIS MOM WAS GOING TO RIDE THE BUS WITH HIM TO A REALLY FUN PLACE!!  

Who can let a measly battle of the sinuses interfere with that kind of enthusiasm?  Not me.  I'm a mom and I can do anything - even if I have a broken leg, two broken arms, a bout of flu and migraine.  That just the way moms work; they get through anything.

Well there was that one time when I was a dorm mother, and I caught mono from someone in that building.  I desperately wanted to get to my mom's place so that I could give her my then 4 year old and seven-month-old and just curl up into a ball and die a slow painful death, but even then I made the solo 17 hour tip to Texas - straight through.  And trust me, I thanked God the entire way that my kids were amazingly good.  Then I thanked God that my folks took the kids and then let me sleep until I came out of that mono-induced fog.  Then I thanked him for letting me live rather than listening to my "curl up and die" nonsense.  I didn't thank him when I had to change the first "blowout" that my son saved for my return to wellness.

My point is, I think, that we moms are pretty tough and we do a lot of things that can't be done by a normal person because by being mom, we're given special super powers that helps us keep going.  God did that by design, I tell you; if he didn't, then the house would fall apart, kids would starve and husbands would be driven crazy with all the work that they would now have to do.  

I'm just telling it like it is.  Can I get an "Amen!"?

Anyway, I had this day off from work so that I could go on this field trip with The Boy.  I went.  We had fun.  See?



Fun.




Fun.




More fun!

We came back.  I got in the car and drove home, only to discover when I pulled into the driveway, I have a very flat tire.  Yeah, not so good.

So I sit here waiting for the tow truck to come change the flat to a spare so that I can spend my afternoon at a tire store getting a new tire and then going to a doctor's appointment.  So much for my intended blog-reading time, a nap and much needed trip to get my Chik-fil-A fix before the doctor's visit.

Sigh.  I'll just consider it an enjoyment that is just being deferred for the moment.

So since I won't be catching up anytime today, will you share a bit of what's going on with you?  If you're a mom, I'd really love to hear how you're a Supermom too.

Labels: , ,