Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gratituesday

Are you looking for a little pick me up between Sunday and Thankful Thursday? Are you seeking ways that God is active not only in your life, but the life of others? Well, then let me share a bit about Gratituesday with you!

My friend Laura (not the friendship like I am with many of you - this is the real deal! We've been in Chorus together in college, had babies at the same time, played cards and games on fun nights, had girl talks about our men... you know real life friends. And look! She still talks to me! Bonus...)

Where was I? Oh yeah, my friend Laura at Heavenly Homemakers has decided to use every Tuesday as a day to be grateful. She says that she wants to use Tuesday "where I post about something I'm grateful for or something about how God is working in my life. I'm working to expand this and would really like to use it as a way to encourage others all over Bloggyland. Beginning this Tuesday, I'll be using Mr. Linky so that others with blogs can write their own Gratituesday post, then link up at my site...and then we can all read about how God is blessing people!"

Sound like your kind of everyday encouragement? Then head on over to Laura's place and let the gratefulness begin! It's really easy to think of a praise when you stop to recognize how God loves each and every one of us.

My gratefulness is the joy of having employment that I actually enjoy. I can't be a stay at home Mom; our finances are such that I must work if we're going to do fun things... like eat and have electricity. I know. We're wild here. But I am constantly amazed that God has given me a wonderful place to work, with two coworkers that I really like, and for a boss who is kind, fun and understanding, especially when it comes to the kids. Where else could I have lots of time to read books, blog and still feel as if I've accomplished something good in a day, like executing a meeting for 20 people with only a moment's notice? Having a job as such takes the sting out of not being at home. Thank you God for this wonderful way to make a living.

Now what about you? Do you have something for which you can be grateful? If you feel like sharing, write your own post, spread the word about Gratituesday and add your words to the Mr. Linky! It's so much easier to be happy when you remember that you have reasons to be!

Labels: , , , ,