Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Room With A View

Man oh man. have I been busy! I've unloaded and unpacked every box for my parts of the office, which when I think about it is all of it except my coworkers' offices. Whew! Was I glad to have an excuse to leave early yesterday. I had to go pick up some materials with which to hang all the pictures. Guess what we'll be doing today.

I have to tell you - I love this new office. It's 10 minutes closer to home, I have a lot more privacy in this space and I have a wall of windows that looks onto a pretty view. See?
Here are Hoops and Yoyo bobble heads gazing out into the sunshiny view.  Ahhh. Sun!










And do you see what I have just across the way? 










A Panera! Woo hoo! I was really hoping that the internet connection from Panera would reach our office, but alas - no. I'm going to have to hang out there a bit when lunch time rolls around. Oh the glory of being able to comment on Blogger blogs in the daytime! (Stupid work filter!)

And this picture is just for Kelli. Thanks for helping me to start the first day in the office in style. That Mocha was just what the caffeine addict ordered.











Guess who sits by the thermostat? Ha ha ha! No more freezing for me! Well until there's a meeting and all the stuffed shirts come in and get all hot around the collar. I'll turn it down on those days and then turn on my illegal space heater. Shhh! Don't tell!

Last night, Mr. Right and I watched I Am Legend. Oh. My. Lands. Why Will Smith did not get an Oscar nod is beyond me. It was so well acted that one could not help but imagine what it would be like to be alone in the vastness of the world while trying to make it better. If you haven't seen it, I highly, highly recommend that you do. It's a cross genre film: part drama, part sci-fi, part suspense, part scary (without much gore) with a dash of love and a very visible belief in God. Just go see it for yourself and then let me know what you thought of it.

Oh, and y'all aren't putting any pressure or anything on me with the reviews. Fonda, you totally made my day with your comment yesterday! (I'd have written you personally, but you're a "no-reply" commenter. You should change that!) Knowing that I can bring some goodness to the reading populace fills me with a giddy, "that's what I'm talking about!" response. And for the record, I have to review the sucky ones too. How else would you know to avoid drivel like this? (That particular book makes me sick and angry just thinking it - no only was it pure c**p, it was also a waste of good trees to put it on the shelf. Okay, I'm stopping now.)

I'm going to finish eating the pizza that the office brought into the office yesterday. I'd never tried Pizza Shoppe before now. It's pretty good. But I have to say that I'm not digging the fungus on top. Yuck. I'm eating it cold, so it's not as easy to remove it as you would think. 

What topping would you like to see removed permanently from the world of pizza?

Labels: , ,