Monday, June 16, 2008

I Are Tired

I don't know why I've been hit hard with being tired. It may have had something to do with the 8 hours in the car over the last 44 hours, but who knows.

It's official. We're kidless again. We took the cat back to the kids who are living the high life at Chez Grandma. The Boy did deign to snuggle with me for quite a while on Saturday morn, and that was a blessing to remember. However, I think we're fast approaching the time when The Boy is going to need to hold me when we snuggle. He's going to have more arms and legs to hold me soon.

We had a fun breakfast, a great lunch (Aunt Gina's Italian Chicken, btw family), and then we grilled hamburgers out on the back porch since Ron (my father-in-awe) got an electric grill for Father's Day (from his wife, not us - we were the worst kids EVER! This Father's Day snuck up on us and we got our dads nothin' in the material way. Well, Ron has our kids and our cat, but my poor dad got zip, zilch, nada because I'm not with it at all except a call. Don't you want me for a kid?)

We stayed on Sunday so that we could hear Ron preach at church and then we came home to pork chops and saurkraut that I had stuck in the slow cooker before we left for church. They were delicious, so good that The Girl ate one of the chops despite it being in saurkraut. (We actually bought the wrong kind - we bought Polish style with rye seeds in it, but as it turns out, we all liked it even better because it wasn't as tart. Who knew?!)

Afterwards, we started trucking back home. For Father's Day, I took Mr. Right out to Outback where we split a meal. The bonus for him was that he could have the steak cooked any way he wanted.

Let me tell you, it's an act of deep, true love when you let your man order the steak to be cooked medium rare and your a medium well type person. I just closed my eyes and cut the meat where I couldn't see the inside. (I made it half way through before just handing the steak over to him and then enjoyed lots of bread. I love that stuff!) Anyway, Mr. Right was a happy, full man by the time we were done. I was happy and full too, just in a different way.

Taking advantage of being kidless, we had a very pleasant evening together (*ahem*), whereas I promptly konked out before 9:30 PM. I slept until Mr. Right woke me up at 6:10, but I didn't even think about getting out of bed until 6:20. (You may not think that a big deal, but I never lay around in bed like that. I usually hop out of bed looking for coffee and saying good morning to the world. I'm not an annoying morning person, but I am quite awake when I get up. Most of you would hate me were we to be roommates.)

But not this morning. Today, with the rain and the coffee (without cream - yuck!), I want to just crawl back into bed and say goodbye to Monday already. I've nothing against Mondays; it's just that this Monday would be better served to me in bed.

So how was your weekend? Please tell me something about yours so that you'll be keeping me awake during work today. I need all the help I can get.

Labels: